Royal College accreditation promotes excellence
Among our core functions is to accredit medical education under two broad categories: the residency programs sponsored by Canada’s 17 medical schools, and the learning activities pursued by physicians who engage in continuing professional development.
Residency accreditation promotes excellence
We ensure that all residency programs in specialties that we recognize provide residents with the knowledge and expertise they need to practise specialty and subspecialty medicine at a high level.
The following resources provide ample information about the Royal College’s accreditation process for residency programs:
- PRE-SURVEY QUESTIONNAIRE (January 2012) – The pre-survey questionnaire is comprised of 7 distinct sections. The questionnaires for General Information, B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6 are generic and apply to all residency programs. These questionnaires must be completed along with the specialty-specific Resources section (B4) which must be obtained from the Educational Standards Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RC: For programs recognized by the Royal College only
RC/CMQ: For programs recognized by the Royal College and the Collège des médecins du Québec
- B4 - Resources (specialties/subspecialties recognized by the Royal College only)
- B4 - Resources (specialties/subspecialties recognized by the Royal College and the Collège des médecins du Québec)
- Clinician Investigator Program
- Application for Accreditation of New Residency Programs – Applications for new residency programs in a specialty or subspecialty recognized by the Royal College must be obtained from the Educational Standards Unit at email@example.com.
Areas of Focused Competence (Diploma) Accredited Programs
The following resources provide information about the Royal College accreditation process for areas of focused competence (Diploma) programs:
- General Standards for Areas of Focused Competence (AFC) Programs - These Standards were developed by the Royal College to evaluate and accredit areas of focused competence programs sponsored by a university.
- Accredited Areas of Focused Competence (diploma) programs - a list of accredited AFC (Diploma) programs, AFC directors and postgraduate deans for medical education.
Learn about the Royal College’s CPD accreditation process, which qualifies organizations to accredit Maintenance of Certification Program activities.
Questions? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org