CONFERENCE DATES AND LOCATIONS
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The International Conference on Residency Education is a global forum for those involved in residency education to share ideas, challenges, innovations, and advance training.
By the end of ICRE 2014, participants will be able to
- Describe best practices and research in residency education useful for their work.
- Describe new developments in competency-based education and the implications for residency education.
- Describe three key current trends in residency education, and the implications for their own program.
- Adopt a number of new approaches for enhancing excellence in teaching and assessment in residency.
- Describe some different approaches to residency education from other countries and jurisdictions.
- Explore the relationship between residency education and quality and safety and care for today’s and tomorrow’s patients
- Describe the implications of new technologies for residency education in the 21st Century.
Conference topic areas
The ICRE 2014 conference topics include:
- Admissions: Selecting residents;
- Assessment: Cutting edge tools and practical techniques;
- Competency-based medical education;
- Education research methods;
- Faculty Development;
- Health policy and residency education;
- History of medical education;
- Physician health and wellness;
- Teaching and learning in residency education;
- Resident duty hours;
- What Works? Ideas in residency teaching and assessment;
- Using Innovative Technologies for Medical Education.
ICRE is a gathering of those involved in residency teaching, learning, and assessment from around the world, including
- clinical teachers and educators;
- program directors;
- postgraduate deans;
- program administrators;
- government leaders and policy makers;
- educational researchers; and
- medical education leaders.
CONFERENCE PLANNING GROUP
Click here for details about the ICRE 2014 Conference Planning Group.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Event Management and Hospitality Services
Telephone: 613-260-4176 / 1-800-668-3740, ext. 176