International Medical Educator of the Year Award
This award is given annually to an international medical educator who has demonstrated a commitment to enhancing residency education as evidenced by innovation and impact beyond his or her program. One award will be presented annually. The award winner receives a plaque recognizing his or her contribution, as well as travel and registration to the International Conference on Residency Education.
A nominee must be a current medical educator of a postgraduate program residing outside of Canada.
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation in residency education.
- Has had a lasting impact on the quality of residency education and measurable outcomes beyond his or her program.
- Evidence of effective leadership and mentorship ability.
- Embodies or integrates the CanMEDS Roles.
- Strong track record for promoting ethics, reflection and humanism in residency education.
- Nominations may be submitted by medical educators, deans, postgraduate deans, department chairs, division directors, peer teachers or trainees (maximum of two letters).
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Individuals may be re-nominated in subsequent years. However, previous winners of the award will not be eligible to win again.
- Nomination submissions must include the following:
- official award nomination form, completed
- nomination letter addressing every element of the criteria above
- a second letter of support from a resident (currently or recently graduated)
- curriculum vitae of the candidate (no more than 3 pages in length)
Nominations are adjudicated by a subcommittee of the Awards Committee of the Royal College.
Maria Trinidad Hoyl, MD, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chiles