Program Administrator Award of Excellence
This award is given to a residency Program Administrator who has demonstrated a commitment to excellence in supporting all aspects of residency education, and works with both the program and peers to exemplify the professional role of the Program Administrator, as evidenced by excellence and/or improved or newly implemented processes within their program(s).
One award is presented annually at the ICRE Program Administrators Conference. The award winner receives a Royal College certificate recognizing his or her contribution, as well as travel compensation, complimentary registration to the ICRE Program Administrators Conference and the ICRE, and an invitation to attend the ICRE residency awards dinner. The winner of the Program Administrator Award will also be invited to present a talk on best practices at the ICRE Program Administrators Conference.
- Nominee must be a current postgraduate specialty residency Program Administrator for an accredited Royal College residency program
- Current members of the Royal College Program Administrator Conference Steering Committee are not eligible
- Self-nominations are not accepted
- Individuals may be re-nominated in subsequent years; however, previous winners of the award will not be eligible to win again
- Nominees must meet at least four of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence with regard to the administration of the residency education program
- Has had a lasting impact on the quality of the residency education program and measurable outcomes as witnessed through the accreditation process
- Evidence of peer leadership and mentorship in the Program Administrator role
- Demonstrates characteristics that foster professionalism in the Program Administrator role
- Uses resources or shares personal expertise to enhance the university, hospital (or workplace) environment
- Represents and embodies the values of the CanMEDS-ATA (Applied to Administration) roles: professional, communicator, collaborator, scholar, leader, and advocate as evidenced in the evaluation process (and through the accreditation process)
- Examples of excellence by a Program Administrator:
- Shows leadership by exemplifying professional behavior, mentoring, and/or sharing best practices with colleagues
- Maintains professional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Developed a process or procedure that has positively impacted their program, department, or school
- Has made significant changes, modifications, or approaches that enhance productivity, efficiency, and quality within the residency program
- Nominations can be submitted by a program director or other members of the faculty of medicine, residents or fellows currently registered in the faculty. These nominations can be made by an individual or a group of individuals.
- Nomination submissions must include the following:
- the official award nomination form, completed
- nomination letter addressing every element of the criteria listed above
- a letter of support from a resident or group of residents (current or recently graduated)
- curriculum vitae of the candidate (no more than 3 pages in length)
Nominations are adjudicated by a subcommittee of the Awards Committee of the Royal College.
April 6, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST - Applications received after this date and time will not be considered
CanMEDS and Faculty Development
Telephone: 613-730-8177, ext. 279; toll-free 1-800-668-3740, ext. 176
Sara Cover, Northern Ontario School of Medicine