Royal College Accredited CPD Provider Innovation Awards
These awards are given annually to up to three accredited providers of continuing professional development (CPD) recognized by the Royal College. The awards are designed to promote innovation in the development and implementation of
- educational policies or processes,
- administrative policies or processes, and
- education resources and tools.
Each application should describe how lifelong-learning strategies of Fellows and health care professionals participating in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program have been enhanced or how the innovation contributes to the development of the Royal College’s CPD accreditation system.
Recipients receive an inscribed plaque, presented by a Royal College representative at the annual National CPD Accreditation Conference and at a conference developed by the accredited CPD provider (e.g. a national meeting).
Recipients are invited to participate in an innovation workshop as part of the Royal College stream at the annual National CPD Accreditation Conference. Each recipient will be invited to
- develop a 15-minute oral presentation related to his or her innovation,
- respond to questions for a 15 minute period, and
- develop a poster for presentation at the annual National CPD Accreditation Conference.
Recipients of the award will be invited to consider collaborating with the Royal College on the development of an article suitable for publication (fewer than 2,000 words) discussing the development of the innovation.
Applicants must be an accredited CPD provider recognized by the Royal College. These include the following:
- national specialty societies reviewed and approved by the Royal College
- university offices of continuing medical education
- CMA’s Leadership and Professional Development
- The Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- simulation programs reviewed and approved by the Royal College
Each eligible accredited CPD provider is limited to submitting one application per year.
The selection committee will consider the degree to which the innovation
- has been developed, implemented and evaluated over the past three years;
- contributes to or enhances either lifelong learning of physicians or the CPD accreditation system of the Royal College;
- is adaptable for use by other organizations; and
- has been widely disseminated.
Applicants must complete the Royal College Accredited CPD Provider Innovation Awards submission form and email it with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Royal College’s CPD Accreditation Committee.
February 1, 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
CPD Accreditation Coordinator
Telephone: 613-730-8177, ext. 587; toll-free 1-800-668-3740, ext. 587