Competency-Based Continuing Professional Development Summit Series
In May 2016, the Royal College hosted the second Invitational Summit on Competency-Based Continuing Professional Development (CB-CPD). Invitees included leaders in continuing professional development, regulatory authority representatives, assessment experts and medical education scholars from more than 55 organizations.
Discussions topics included:
- The potential role of the CanMEDS Framework and competency milestones and entrustable professional activities (EPAs) in clinical practice and lifelong learning
- The complexity of assessment in a specialist’s scope of practice.
- The implications for revisions to the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program.
Feedback — we want to hear from you
The CB-CPD initiative is an inclusive project that needs feedback and input from our Fellows.
We will be launching a number of working groups. Already, we have the CanMEDS for practice working group, as well as the practice-based assessment working group.
We also want to hear about any work you are doing, to help further build our CB-CPD inventory.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competency based CPD white papers
- Tools and resources
- A fresh approach to lifelong learning: Rate your top considerations (Dialogue July, 2016)
- Initial discussions on competency-based CPD
- Competency-based medical education: Not just for residents
- Benefits and goals of transitioning to a competency-based CPD model
- The role for assessment within competency-based CPD model
- The role for CanMEDS within a competency-based CPD model
We are here to help you succeed with CBD. Contact us: