Work based assessment and CBD implementation
As disciplines start their official transition to Competence by Design (CBD), they attend a series of CBD workshops at the Royal College. The CBD assessment strategy is discussed during CBD workshops two and three. The assessment strategy is largely the same across the board for each discipline, however there will be small variances by discipline.
When it comes to the technology piece, the Royal College is creating a mutually acceptable approach, which respects and responds to the needs of all of our partners.
CBD transition workshops will develop a national work based assessment strategy that universities can adapt and implement locally.
- Tools and resources
- Work Based Assessment Implementation Guide: formative tips for medical teaching practice
- Understanding Work Based Assessment and CBD handout
- Competence Committees — Guidelines for the Terms of Reference
- Competence Committees — Process and Procedures in Decision Making: A framework
- VIDEO (01:45) What is a Competence Committee?
- VIDEO (01:05) What is the goal/mandate of a Competence Committee?
- VIDEO (04:24) Setting up a Competence Committee
- VIDEO (02:42) What can one do to help ease the transition to Competence By Design?
- VIDEO (01:56) What is the workload like for a Competence Committee member?
- VIDEO (01:59) CBD – You are not alone
- VIDEO (01:17) How is information stored in programs?
- VIDEO (03:08) CBD benchmarks – How are we doing?
- VIDEO (02:24) How does a competence committee decide to promote a resident?
- VIDEO (01:23) What does a Competence Committee do with the aggregate data?
We are here to help you succeed with CBD. Contact us: