Skip to Main Content
Follow us

Obtaining a licence to practise in Canada

The Royal College does not grant licences to practise. Each province and territory has a medical regulatory authority that is responsible for setting the licensing criteria for that province. Contact your medical regulatory authority to obtain a licence to practise.

Informing your medical regulatory authority (MRA) about your PER application and exam or practice-based results

As part of your PER application, the Royal College can share certain information with your MRA. This arrangement helps ensure that both parties have up-to-date information regarding your progress toward certification. Shared information will include but may not be limited to:

  • application status updates
  • scope of practice (Form D)
  • results of the credentials review
  • exam and/or assessment eligibility, summary of performance, and results

Additional resources

Contact us

The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Credentials Unit
774 Echo Drive
Ottawa ON K1S 5N8
Telephone (toll-free): 1-800-267-2320