CMQ-Certified Specialist Route
The Royal College is pleased to invite our Quebec colleagues to apply for Royal College fellowship and certification. The Royal College and Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ) work together to produce and administer exams in specialties recognized by both organizations.
The CMQ allows holders of a restrictive permit to convert this permit into a full permit after five years of practice in Quebec, without having to pass a certifying specialty examination. Candidates assessed through this process are ineligible for Royal College fellowship and certification through the CMQ-Certified Specialist Route.
In order to be accepted into Royal College fellowship and receive certification through this route, you must meet the following criteria:
- success at a CMQ or Royal College specialty examination
- membership in the CMQ only (current and past members and certificants of the Royal College are not eligible through this route)
- participation in the Royal College Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program
- payment of annual fellowship dues
- compliance with Articles 5 and 6 of Royal College bylaw No. 16
Please forward your completed application form to:
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
774 Echo Drive
Ottawa, ON K1S 5N8