Telemedicine and virtual care guidelines (and other clinical resources for COVID-19)
As information is changing daily and sometimes hourly, we cannot guarantee that this information is always current. Always defer to your provincial colleges, professional organizations and/or governmental websites for accurate and timely information.
Information has been organized by province and was last updated on July 6, 2020.
Please note: The Royal College does not promote any virtual care platforms at this point and encourages its physician members to refer to their respective provincial/territorial authorities for information and guidance on approved platforms.
Please send suggestions for changes or additions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal College resources
- Family Physicians advised to provide virtual care/telemedicine when possible
- Specialists advised to provide virtual care/telemedicine when possible
- Video technology can be used.
- Effective May 1, 2020, the Business Cost Premium (BCP) will be temporarily expanded to apply to telehealth fee items, including phone and video communication with patients.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Physicians are encouraged to do telemedicine and virtual care when possible