Advancing medical education in Canada
The Office of Specialty Education plays a key role in the advancement of specialty medical education in Canada. The office’s most recent projects include:
- The Future of General Surgery project: Reassessed surgical training to ensure that all graduates of Canada’s General Surgery residency programs are optimally prepared to provide surgical care in a variety of practice settings across the country.
- Towards a Pan-Canadian Consensus on Resident Duty Hours: The Royal College is currently facilitating the implementation of key recommendations developed in consultation with eight stakeholder organizations on the matter of resident duty hours and fatigue in Canada.
- Royal College Competence by Design: Reshaping Canadian Medical Education eBook: A series of 10 white papers designed to inform and evolve the Royal College’s vision for the future of residency education in Canada. Download (PDF) | Download (ePub)
- Clinician Scientist in Canada White Paper Consultation: The newest addition to the Royal College’s original White Paper series outlines key points that serve as guidance and direction for the Royal College on major issues pertaining to clinician scientists in Canada.
- Generalism in Medical Education. A major systematic review to establish national consensus on generalism in medical education and practice.
- Terminology in Medical Education Project. A glossary of terms that can be shared and adopted across the world of residency education.