Advancing Safety for Patients In Residency Education (ASPIRE)
Teaching safety and quality in residency training
Delivered in partnership between the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI), ASPIRE is an intense, high impact, comprehensive program to develop patient safety and quality improvement educators. The program is offered in several formats, from longer 3-4 day courses, to shorter 1-2 day workshops delivered at conferences or in a travelling capacity.
ASPIRE educational sessions are delivered by well-respected quality and patient safety health care professionals and educators from across Canada, and focus on:
- Incorporating patient safety, quality improvement and resource stewardship content into residency training and faculty development;
- Developing skills to lead educational change and integrate patient safety, quality improvement and resource stewardship training in your residency program; and
- Creating an educational plan for patient safety, quality improvement and resource stewardship that can be implemented in your program or organization.
The Royal College and the CPSI are pleased to announce that they will be offering two ASPIRE courses in 2020 – French: October 21-23, 2020 in Sherbrooke, Quebec, and English: November 24-27, 2020, in Ottawa, Ontario. Registration details are below. Want to know what to expect? View the 2019 English program.
November 24-27, 2020
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Language of instruction
- Physicians and medical educators: $1,950
- Residents: $1,500
October 21-23, 2020
Université de Sherbrooke
Language of instruction
- Physicians and medical educators: $1,850
- Residents: $1,350
In addition to the 3-4 day course format, the ASPIRE program is also available in 1-2 day workshops.
The ASPIRE program will be delivered in a 1-day workshop format at ICRE, September 24-26, 2020 in Vancouver, British Columbia. The workshop will be part of the pre-conference program. Conference registration is not required to participate.
Bring the ASPIRE program to you! The ASPIRE program is available in a travelling, 2-day workshop format that takes place in the location of your choice. Without the hassle of travelling, your team can focus on learning. Workshops are available within Canada and overseas through our international partners.
For more information on these workshops, or to request pricing for your location, please contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for workshops held in Canada)
- email@example.com (for international workshops)
The ASPIRE program is a national faculty development certificate program dedicated to advancing the teaching and education of patient safety and quality improvement competencies that are integrated into the CanMEDS 2015 framework. Medical educators and residents with a keen interest in teaching patient safety and quality improvement would benefit from ASPIRE.