ICRE 2020 Dates
All programs will take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre unless otherwise specified.
- International Conference on Residency Education (ICRE) September 24-26, 2020
The theme of this year’s conference is Next Generation Residency Education: Game Changers and Proven Practices.
Registration will open in the Spring of 2020.
Goals and objectives
Each year, ICRE brings together more than 1,800 clinical educators and physicians from around the world to share ideas, challenges, innovations, and advance training.
- clinical teachers and educators;
- program directors;
- postgraduate deans;
- program administrators;
- government leaders and policy makers;
- educational researchers; and
- medical education leaders.
ICRE 2020 Objectives
By the end of ICRE 2020, participants will be able to:
- Describe novel designs for residency education in the 21st century;
- Describe key current trends in residency education, and identify the implications for their own program(s);
- Adopt a number of new approaches for enhancing excellence in teaching and assessment in residency;
- Describe best practices and research in residency education;
- Describe new developments in competency-based education and the implications for residency education;
- Describe different approaches to residency education from other countries and jurisdictions;
- Describe the forces and science behind the quality revolution in medicine, and adapt residency education accordingly; and
- Describe the implications of new technologies for residency education.
Topics that will be covered at this year’s conference include:
- Accreditation in residency education
- Admissions: Selecting residents
- Assessment: Cutting edge tools and practical techniques
- Competency-based Education
- Education research methods
- Equity, diversity and inclusion
- Faculty development
- Fatigue risk management/Resident duty hours
- Health policy and residency education
- Humanities and history in medical education
- Leadership education
- Learning analytics
- Next generation residency education: Game changers and proven practices
- Physician health and wellness
- Quality improvement and patient safety in residency education
- Simulation in residency education
- Teaching and learning in residency education
- The unique educational climate of the operating theatre
- Trainees leading medical education change: For trainees, by trainees
- Using innovative technologies for medical education
- What Works? Innovations in residency teaching and assessment
Conference Planning Group - Program Advisory Board
Save the date: Future Conferences
October 27-29, 2022 | Montréal, Canada
Stay tuned for more information.
ICRE 2019 - Diversity in Residency Education: Training in a World of Differences
*Please note, pocket program guide, and Royal College/JGME abstract supplement are only available in English.