For April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020
|Fellows residing and practising in Canada||C$960|
|Fellows residing and practising outside of Canada||C$670|
(i.e., Active Fellows with at least 40 years of membership)
Note: Dues are automatically adjusted for Fellows who qualify for this category.
|Diplomates||C$250 (in addition to Fellowship dues)|
|Diplomate Affiliates||C$250 (in addition to MOC participant fees)|
|Retired Fellows (click to see Royal College definition)||No dues|
|Resident Affiliates||No dues|
|Pay your annual dues online||Donate to the Educational Fund|
|Request a membership fee reduction (Fellows only)||Confirmation of retired status (Fellows only)|
|Read our annual dues FAQ||Download your digital ID card|
Easy payment options
- Pay online: Pay the full amount online using your credit card.
- Via online banking: This option is available through most major financial institutions. Log in to your financial institution’s website and add the Royal College to your list of payees. (Note: Your Royal College ID is your account number).
- By phone: Call and pay by credit card: 613-260-6192 or 1-800-668-3740 ext. 192.
- By mail: Make your cheque or money order payable to the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and mail it to:
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
774 Echo Drive
Ottawa ON K1S 5N8
Fee reduction categories (Fellows only)
Some Fellows may qualify for a fee reduction for the 2019-20 fiscal year.
|Projected net professional income between C$30,000 and C$110,000||C$480|
|Projected net professional income less than C$30,000||C$240|
|Anticipate a temporary leave for four months or longer for family or health reasons||C$480|
|Enrolled in full-time postgraduate studies in a Royal College accredited subspecialty program or a university- or hospital-based recognized subspecialty/fellowship training program of at least one year’s duration (not applicable to observerships or traineeships). This reduction is available up to a maximum of five years.||C$240|
To apply for a fee reduction, fill out the Request for fee reduction form online. Members must make the request and confirm their eligibility each year.
Note: Maintenance of Certification cycles may be adjusted based on the duration of family or health leaves. Please see the online Maintenance of Certification Cycle Adjustment form.
Late fee applies as of May 1
Renewals are due April 30. The Royal College charges a late fee on overdue Fellowship, Diplomate and Diplomate Affiliate renewals to cover the cost of administrating overdue accounts.
- A penalty of 1.25% per month is applied on the outstanding membership dues. (It is not applied on accumulated late fees.)
- Renewals are due April 30. The penalty starts to accrue May 1, but if you renew before account statements are issued in the last week of May, the penalty will not be charged.
- The penalty is applied only at the end of each month. If you pay your overdue account mid-month — for example, August 15 — you will not be charged a penalty for that month. Monthly statements and online dues payment balances clearly show the amount owing for dues and late fees.
- New Fellows joining the Royal College as of April 1, 2019 are exempt from late fees for the 2019-20 membership year.
Telephone: 613-730-8177; toll-free 1-800-668-3740
The Royal College Services Centre is here to help.