It’s hard to believe that 2018 is more than half over. That means the MOC Program reporting deadline is only five months away! Get ahead with a mid-year check: log in to your MAINPORT ePortfolio to see how many credits you’ve reported so far and how many you still need to achieve your 25-credit minimums.
Your MAINPORT dashboard shows a handy visual summary of your MOC credit balances. Log in today and verify your credit status, as a first step.
Remember: MOC has three requirements
Keep in mind that in order to successfully close your MOC cycle, you must do three things:
- Document at least 25 credits in all MOC sections before your cycle ends
- Record at least 40 credits per year
- Record at least 400 credits in total per cycle
Take a look at your account. How close are you?
Need more credits?
- Start by consulting our CPD framework to see where your activities fit.
- Looking for Section 3? Complete one of our new accredited self-assessment programs (SAPs) in collaboration with mdBriefCase (accessible at no charge from the “My eLearning” tab in MAINPORT ePortfolio). You can also point your browser to the Canadian Medical Protective Association’s website and take one of their e-learning modules. For more SAPs, check our list of Section 3 accredited learning activities by specialty.
- Need more Section 2? The MOC Tips page also has some great self-learning ideas from Fellows who have, for example, completed a Personal Learning Project, leveraged their research process or learned with podcasts.
- Low on Section 1? Check your Holding Area in MAINPORT ePortfolio, where administrators may have uploaded your participation at a conference. If so, all you need to do is enter your learning outcome and submit the activity to apply these credits to your account. Not sure if your conference was accredited? Check our list of Section 1 accredited learning activities by specialty.
Making a plan to meet your MOC requirements will save you time and help you avoid a last minute rush before the January 31 deadline.
Not sure where your activities fit? Looking for extra support?
Summer is also a great time to contact our Royal College Services Centre staff! Call them for assistance: 1-800-461-9598 (toll-free), 613-730-6243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.