Research and scholarship underpin the innovations that propel the Royal College’s programs and activities. Our Research Unit supports and contributes to the delivery of enterprise-level research and scholarly initiatives within medical education, the medical workforce and the health system. They also engage staff, Fellows, educators, scholars and organizations in
- knowledge creation (e.g. by focusing awards and grants on mission-aligned research; and developing policies, standards and programs that build capacity for research and scholarship activities);
- knowledge translation (e.g. by developing tools to support Fellows in practice); and
- knowledge dissemination (e.g. by communicating the outputs of Royal College-funded projects).
Research funding opportunities
We coordinate and manage the Royal College’s
- Medical Education Research Grant,
- Royal College/Associated Medical Services CanMEDS Research Development Grant,
- Robert Maudsley Fellowship for Studies in Medical Education, and
- The Dr. Karen Mann Catalyst Grant in Medical Education Research
- Strategic Request for Proposals: Advancing Evaluation of Competency-based Medical Education across the Continuum
- other strategic requests for proposals.