Resources for the Leader KC1 Competency – Quality Improvement
Key Competency 1
Contribute to the improvement of health care delivery in teams, organizations, and systems
- 1.1 Apply the science of quality improvement to contribute to improving systems of patient care
- 1.2 Contribute to a culture that promotes patient safety
- 1.3 Analyze patient safety incidents to enhance systems of care
- 1.4 Use health informatics to improve the quality of patient care and optimize patient safety
- How to create a QI curriculum for residents - module (Enabling Competency 1.1)
- Lead the change - module (Enabling Competency 1.2)
- Psychological safety (Enabling Competency 1.3)
- Patient safety workshop – (Enabling Competencies 1.2 and 1.3)
- Patient safety incident (PSI) cases (Enabling Competencies 1.2 and 1.3)
In addition to the resources listed above, we recruited a large group of patient safety/quality improvement experts across Canada to help you with your PS/QI challenges:
Patient Safety/Quality Improvement Community of Practice
The CanMEDS Leader Role key competency 1.0 includes the following enabling competency: 1.2 Contribute to a culture that promotes patient safety.
In an effort to promote patient safety, resource stewardship, and quality improvement, we have recruited over 125 patient safety/QI experts across Canada who have volunteered to share their knowledge and provide quick consults to residency program directors, curriculum developers, and faculty developers looking to augment a culture that promotes patient safety.
Are you looking for a near-peer expert to help contribute to a culture that promotes patient safety/quality improvement/resource stewardship? Or do you have a patient safety/quality improvement question for someone in this new community of practice? If so, please contact email@example.com and someone will connect you with the right expert(s). When you write to us, kindly indicate:
- Your name and university affiliation
- Your institution affiliation and title(s)
- Your specialty
- Your request
Our volunteers look forward to helping you!