Advice and Lessons Learned
from early adopters of Competence by Design.
An important element of CBD implementation is about learning from the experience of early launch cohorts. The following resources package the experiences and advice from the front lines of early adopters of CBD.
Hear from your peers: Answers to your CBD questions
CBD Innovators Series:
24 early adopters were nominated by their peers as true innovators in CBD implementation. Here they share their advice through online profiles, organized by school and program. View the series
CBD Video Series:
Wondering what it is really like to implement Competence by Design (CBD)? Eight early adopters of CBD share their answers to a series of interview questions on various topics related to CBD implementation.
- Advice for those starting CBD (2 mins)
- Advice on direct observation (2 mins)
- Benefits of CBD so far (2 mins)
- How has feedback changed (1 min)
- Engaging faculty and managing expectations (1 min)
- Assessing EPAs (2.5 mins)
- Biggest challenges (2 mins)
- Proudest moments (1 min)
These videos were recorded prior to the COVID-19 pandemic but remain relevant for those moving forward with implementation. Access our Virtual Teaching Resources for residency programs.