Watch a 48-minute video recording eligible for MOC Section 2 credit of the panel discussion in Montreal, Que.
This activity is eligible for credit in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program under Section 2: Video. In order to claim credit, you must record the activity in your MAINPORT ePortfolio and complete all the required fields, including at least one learning outcome.
From left: Dr. Ernest Prégent, CCFP(em), CSPQ, FCCFP, (Collège des médecins du Québec), Dr. Sam Daniel, FRCSC, (Federation of Medical Specialists of Quebec) and Ms. Kate Marsden (Royal College) discussed the changes to continuing professional development for Quebec licensees with Fellows on November 30, 2019. Please note the discussion is mostly in French because that was the preferred language of our francophone audience
MOC in Quebec
Fellows and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) participants licensed in Quebec are now required to report their continuing professional development (CPD) activities to the Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ). Read the CMQ’s Regulation Respecting Mandatory Continuing Education for Physicians (PDF).
You are fulfilling your CMQ obligations through our MOC Program
The MOC Program is allowing you to meet the CMQ’s requirements and you do not have to report activities twice. The MOC Program’s requirements have been mapped to the CMQ program (credits to hours).
- Find out how your MOC credits convert into CMQ hours.
- Read our FAQ for more information on the CMQ regulation and how it affects your MOC
Here’s how to prompt the transfer of your data in time for the CMQ’s annual CPD reporting deadline
Step 1: New Fellow? Just registered with the CMQ? Haven’t yet logged in to your CMQ CPD platform? Want your MAINPORT CPD data to be transferred to CMQ?
Yes? Step 1 is for you! Make sure CMQ has your consent for the data transfer.
You only have to do this once. (If Step 1 doesn’t apply to you, skip to Step 2.)
- If you’re unsure about how to access your CMQ CPD platform, contact the CMQ at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- If you know how to access your CMQ CPD platform, simply follow the instructions to provide your consent for transferring your CPD activities from another organization to the CMQ.
- If you don’t see the data transfer consent page, this means you’ve already provided your consent. Click on the “Transfert de données externes” (external data transfer) tab in the CPD platform toolbox. You’ll see the name of the organization you selected and the instructions for selecting a different organization, as needed.
- Go to Step 2.
Note: Your data cannot be transferred until you have provided consent to the CMQ for the transfer. You can only give consent by following the instructions in Step 1 and not through MAINPORT ePortfolio.
Step 2: Log in to your CMQ CPD platform
- To prompt your data transfer, log in to your CMQ CPD platform; this will trigger the download of your data from MAINPORT to your CMQ profile.
- You will need to log in to your CMQ CPD platform every time you want to transfer new or updated activities from MAINPORT; your login acts as the trigger for the transfer.
Note: Data transfers from MAINPORT to the CMQ only once per day, no matter how many times you log in to your CMQ platform
Step 3: Avoid delays! Record and transfer early!
- To avoid any delays, we recommend aiming to have all your CPD activities transferred to the CMQ platform by March 1, 2024, well ahead of the CMQ’s next reporting deadline of March 31, 2024, when CMQ members will need to have reported at least 25 hours of recognized continuing education for 2023.
|IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that the transfer from MAINPORT to the CMQ is unidirectional (i.e. activities transfer only from MAINPORT to the CMQ). Therefore, any activities recorded directly on the CMQ platform will not transfer over to MAINPORT.
Did you become a New Fellow in 2023?
Congratulations! You will have received a regular five-year MOC cycle that officially starts on January 1, 2024. Until then, you will be in a bonus period and you can get a jump start on recording activities during this time before your cycle officially starts.
Types of activities that can be reported
CMQ and the Royal College - 3 Differences
For MOC/MAINPORT enquiries:
Royal College Services Centre
613-730-6243 (Ottawa region)
For CMQ regulation enquiries:
Collège des médecins du Québec
514-933-4441 ext 5224