Our global presence
The Royal College is recognized as advancing some of the best medical education standards in the world. Through our international office, Office of International Collaboration (OIC) and business unit, Royal College International (RCI), we support Fellows, clients, academic partners, and health stakeholders in more than 40 countries who share our passion for medical education excellence.
RCI helps clients transform their postgraduate medical education (PGME) systems, establish networks and transfer knowledge. Our consulting services range from faculty development to accreditation. Learn more about our core services and, if interested in working with us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out where we’re making a global PGME impact:
- Ministry of Health and Sports
- Associação de Apoio a Residência Médica de Minas Gerais
- Sociedade Brasileira de Ortopedia y Traumatologia
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Universidad del Desarrollo
- Peking University First Hospital
- Asociación Colombiana de Facultades de Medicina
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- Sociedad Colombiana de Urologia
- Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Arab Board for Health Specializations
- Kuwait Institute for Medical Specializations
- Lebanese American University
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
- Nepal Medical Council
- Oman Medical Specialty Board
- World University Service of Canada
- Sidra Medicine
- Kazan State Medical University, Tatarstan (Note: RCI has paused activities with Kazan State Medical University)
- Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University
- King Abdulaziz University
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research
- Koc University Healthcare Group
- Lokman Hekim University
United Arab Emirates
- Dubai Health Authority
- Department of Health - Abu Dhabi
- West African College of Surgeons
International Development, Aid and Collaboration (IDAC) funding program
RCI allocates a portion of its consulting proceeds to support Fellow-led projects that help to improve health profession education and local capacity in low- and middle-income countries. Learn more about the funding program.
Check out where we’re supporting Fellow-led projects through IDAC:
- East Africa
- Ivory Coast
- West Africa
Curious to know more about some of the projects we support? Visit the Royal College Newsroom.
OIC works closely with sister Colleges around the world to help build communities of practice in medical education and share knowledge and common interests.
Learn who we’re collaborating with on these important initiatives:
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- College of Anaesthesiologists of Ireland
- Colleges of Medicine of South Africa
- Hong Kong College of Anaesthesiologists
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Royal College of Anaesthetists (United Kingdom)
Together with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists and Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, we created the Tri-nation Alliance.
The Tri-nation Alliance brings together medical profession leaders, educators, regulators and policy makers from Canada, Australia and New Zealand to address big-picture subjects from across the sector.
Centre of Academic Excellence (Latin America)
With Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, we collaborate to:
- expand the regional scholar community by developing training programs in PGME for academic leaders, faculty and residents in Latin America;
- boost research and scholarly work that contributes to PGME advancements in the region; and
- introduce innovations to achieve excellent standards in PGME.
Why we engage internationally
OIC and RCI support the achievement of excellence in PGME and lifelong learning around the globe. Our international outreach and programs support jurisdictions to build their specialty medical education system, practice standards, local capacity, and communities of practice through knowledge sharing and support.
We strongly believe that through engagement and education, we build together stronger health care systems and the best health care for all.
We carefully consider which projects and clients to support based on several criteria, including alignment with our vision and resources available to ensure OIC and RCI have the capacity needed to make a local impact in those jurisdictions. In all projects, the safety and security of staff and Fellows is of paramount importance, as are social, geopolitical and health and safety considerations.
The OIC and RCI international portfolio is regularly reviewed with the RCI Board of Directors.
For more information, please contact the OIC and RCI teams at email@example.com.