2020 - International Collaboration Award
The Royal College International Collaboration Award is presented to individuals (Fellows or non-Fellows) who have demonstrated leadership and excellence in advancing post-graduate medical education and residency training outside Canada, through but not limited to enacting, participating in, or promoting Royal College frameworks, programs and/or collaborations. Nominees may be, but are not necessarily, engaged with the Royal College in a formal international collaboration agreement.
- This award is presented to a medical educator or a leader of a team, program, or department who has demonstrated excellence and leadership in advancing post-graduate medical education and residency training in a program outside Canada.
- The Awards Committee of the Royal College, which selects up to four recipients annually at its fall meeting, may add to the list of nominations.
- The Awards Committee may also conduct its own research regarding the proposed nominees.
- Up to four award recipients will be named in any given year; however, the award may not necessarily be bestowed annually.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Eligible nominees must be engaged in the design and/or delivery of postgraduate medical education in a jurisdiction outside of Canada.
- The recipient’s contribution must be aligned with the Royal College vision of the best health for all, the best care for all.
- The nominee will have played a significant role in advancing medical education, continuing professional development, and/or patient care in their jurisdiction.
- All nomination documentation must be submitted electronically.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be resubmitted for future consideration.
- Self-nominations are ineligible.
- Nominations may be received from Royal College or Royal College International staff, contractors and volunteers (e.g., board/Council members), or individuals in the nominee’s jurisdiction who are familiar with the work of the nominee.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a cover letter from the primary nominator describing: the rationale for the nomination; information on the relevant educational program; how the Royal College frameworks, programs or collaborations have impacted the program (if applicable); and how the program has led to improved trainee and/or patient outcomes.
- Two letters of support are required, in addition to the letter provided by the primary nominator. Additional support letters may come from a Dean of Medicine, or the Dean responsible for education (or equivalent); government, academic or administrative leaders familiar with the work of the nominee; other individuals acquainted with the particulars of the program; Royal College/RCI staff, contractors or volunteers; or a learner.
- The Awards Committee of the Royal College shall select up to four recipients annually at its fall meeting, may add to the list of nominations, or may decide not to issue an award in a given year.
- With consent from the lead nominator, the recipient will be notified formally by the Chair of the Awards Committee or delegate. All unsuccessful nominations will remain confidential unless otherwise requested by the lead nominators.
- The recipient will be presented with a framed certificate at a Royal College event relevant to the recipient, such as ICRE/IMELF or other Royal College supported medical education conference, or at an event in the home country of the recipient.
11:59 p.m. September 13, 2019. Late submissions will not be considered and may not be submitted by email.
College Royal International
Telephone: 613-730-8711, ext 308; toll free 1-800-668-3740, ext 308