Kristin Sivertz Resident Leadership Award
This award is given to a resident who has demonstrated leadership in Canadian specialty education and encourages the development of future leaders in medicine. Up to two awards will be presented annually. Award winners will receive a plaque recognizing their contribution as well as complimentary travel and registration to the International Conference on Residency Education.
The resident must be enrolled in a Royal College-accredited residency program.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership skills during their residency training.
- Contribution to the advancement of the profession of medicine, the welfare of residents or the quality of residency education.
- Evidence of strong role modelling and mentorship ability among peers.
- Embodies or integrates the CanMEDS Roles.
- Nominations are to be submitted by a resident or resident peer (current or recently graduated), along with a letter of support from a postgraduate dean, program director, department chair or division director (maximum of two letters). Only 1 nomination submission package per candidate so coordination may be required if multiple individuals want to nominate the same individual.
- Nominations may be in English or French.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Individuals may be re-nominated in subsequent years; however, previous winners of the award will not be eligible to win again.
- Nomination submissions must include the following all in 1 PDF file:
- the official award nomination form, completed
- nomination letter from a resident or resident peer (current or recently graduated), addressing every element of the criteria above
- a second letter of support from a postgraduate dean, program director, department chair or division director
- curriculum vitae of the candidate (no more than 3 pages in length)
Nominations are being accepted for this award until April 19, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
Applications for this award are adjudicated by a subcommittee of the Awards Committee of the Royal College.
Office of Specialty Education
Telephone: 613-730-8177, ext. 170; toll-free 1-800-668-3740, ext. 170
Nada Gawad, MD, MAEd, FRCSC, University of Ottawa (Ottawa, Canada)
Malika Ladha, MD, FRCPC, University of Calgary (Calgary, Canada)