2021 Royal College Balfour M. Mount Visiting Professorship in Palliative Medicine
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, in collaboration with the Robert Pope Foundation of Nova Scotia, has established this professorship in order to bring to the health science faculties in Canada the most distinguished international lecturers in the palliative care community to engage in discussion about, and to lecture on, the physical, psycho-social and spiritual needs of patients requiring palliative care. The professorship is meant to facilitate the work of the multidisciplinary team that contributes to palliative care expertise in the community and university being visited.
- The professor will be appointed in alternate years and will visit the health science faculties of at least two universities in Canada. Using a variety of teaching tools, the professor will bring to the host faculties knowledge and research related to the physical, psycho-social, and spiritual needs of patients requiring palliative care.
- The visiting professor is expected to spend two or three days at each faculty.
- The visiting professor will be chosen by the Awards Committee of the Royal College.
- Visits will be coordinated between an individual at the host faculty and the Membership Services and Programs Unit of the Royal College.
- A written report on each visit will be submitted by the host faculty as well as by the visiting professor.
- Expert in the field of Palliative Medicine.
Visiting Professorship Funding / Award
- The visiting professor will be supported by an honorarium of $1,000 and reimbursement of all related expenses, up to a combined maximum of $8,000.
- Travel and related expenses are reimbursed within Royal College Travel Expense Policy guidelines.
December 15, 2020 - Late submissions will not be considered.
Questions about this visiting professorship, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org