CanMEDS 2025 Expert Working Group and ePanel Recruitment
A major goal of the CanMEDS 2025 project is to develop a framework of competencies that will be used by the diverse community of people who set education and practice standards and provide quality care to patients.
As we embark on the CanMEDS 2025 project, we are committed to focusing on a more inclusive, engaging and collaborative development process that reflects the expertise and perspectives of the diverse community of people who use CanMEDS to provide patient care to patients.
Engaging broad perspectives
As in the past, the content for the CanMEDS 2025 project will be drafted by a series of expert working groups (EWGs). While these drafts will be circulated for broad consultation at least twice there is still a significant privilege and responsibility for individuals who will serve as members of the EWGs. To this end, we introduced a process to make engagement in CanMEDS 2025 more inclusive than ever before and includes the input of ePanels.
Features of Recruitment Strategy
- Mounted an open and transparent call for recruits championed by the Steering Committee and members of the National Advisory Board, which included broad promotion and targeted mailings
- Developed a simple engagement process that gave interested people adequate time to apply
- Provided channels for engagement that have both more time commitments (EWGs) and less time commitments (ePanels)
- Ensured anyone who is interested can be engaged in at least one group
- Developed selection criteria that is transparent and allows a selection committee to identify strong contributors
- Convened a selection committee that is familiar with CanMEDS as well as the concepts of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Ensured EWG chairs are trained to create a safe environment for the sharing of ideas
Status of Recruitment
Recruitment for the Expert Working Groups closed on September 30, 2022, but the ePanel recruitment remains open until mid-December 2022. Member selection and appointments will occur through October and November 2022. The EWGs and ePanels will begin their work in early 2023.
For more information about the recruitment process please contact CanMEDS25@royalcollege.ca