Accreditation and CBD
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, The Canadian Residency Accreditation Consortium (CanRAC), which is comprised of the Collège des médecins du Québec, the College of Family Physicians of Canada, and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, continues to meet regularly to discuss the impact on accreditation activities. Updates include:
- Regular Accreditation reviews: Timing of upcoming regular accreditation reviews remains the same; however, the situation is being monitored closely by CanRAC, in consultation with impacted stakeholders.
- External reviews: CanRAC is working closely with those who had visits scheduled this spring. For all upcoming visits, CanRAC is developing criteria to determine where a virtual model will be feasible. For any that are postponed, new deadlines and/or adjustments will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Internal Reviews and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): Institutions and programs are encouraged to continue CQI activities as much as possible, including mid-cycle internal reviews.
- Follow-up deadlines: We are committed to applying as much flexibility as possible, while ensuring the rigour of the accreditation process is maintained.
- Annual Resident and Faculty Surveys: Postponed until spring 2021.
- Committee meetings: It is anticipated that meetings of the residency accreditation committees will continue; however, meetings will be conducted virtually until it is safe and feasible to consider in-person meetings.
For more detailed information, please visit: www.canera.ca