MOC Program info for Health Care Professionals
The MOC Program is the Royal College’s continuing professional development program for health care professionals practising in Canada who are not Fellows of the Royal College.
The MOC Program requirements for Health Care Professionals are identical to the requirements for Royal College Fellows in all aspects. Health Care Professional participating in the MOC Program pay a fee each year, which provides them access to both MAINPORT ePortfolio and the Royal College’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) educators, a regional network of educators that support program participants in the learning goals.
Not registered? Join today
To register as a Health Care Professional participating in the MOC Program, please submit your completed MOC Program Registration Form for health care professionals to the Royal College by fax (613-730-2410), email (email@example.com) or post.
To register in the MOC Program through Royal College Diplomate or Subspecialist Affiliate status, please contact us for a personalized invitation.
For the MOC Program year running April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022, the fee for Health Care Professionals to participate in the MOC Program is $695/year. This fee is pro-rated if you join as a new MOC Program Participant partway through the year; contact the Royal College Services Centre for exact fees.
If you have been certified by the Royal College and wish to join as a Fellow, please see our Membership page to join.
Easy payment options for HCPs
- Pay online: Pay the full amount online using your credit card.
- Via online banking: This option is available through most major financial institutions. Log in to your financial institution’s website and add the Royal College to your list of payees. (Note: Your Royal College ID is your account number).
- By phone: Call and pay by credit card: 613-730-8177 or 1-800-668-3740 ext. 389.
- By mail: Make your cheque or money order payable to the Royal College of Physicians and
Surgeons of Canada and mail it to:
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
774 Echo Drive
Ottawa ON K1S 5N8
Late fee applies after April 30
Renewals are due April 30 each year. The Royal College charges a late fee on overdue MOC Program fees to cover the cost of administrating overdue accounts.
- A penalty of 1.25% per month is applied on the outstanding MOC Program fees. (It is not applied on accumulated late fees.)
- Renewals are due April 30. Late payment fees will only take effect after April 30. The penalty starts to accrue May 1, but if you renew before account statements are issued in the last week of May, the penalty will not be charged.
- The penalty is applied only at the end of each month. If you pay your overdue account mid-month — for example, May 15 — you will not be charged a late fee for that month. Monthly statements and online dues payment balances clearly show the amount owing for dues and late fees.
- New MOC Participants are exempt from late fees for the MOC Program year in which they join.
- MOC regulations and policies for health care professionals
- MOC Program info for Fellows
- About the MOC Program
- About MAINPORT ePortfolio
- MOC resources
- MOC FAQ
Royal College Services Centre 1-800-461-9598/ 613-730-6243
For MAINPORT ePortfolio enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy concerns? Read our FAQs on the use of personal information