Accreditation of international postgraduate residency training programs
We’ll work with you, your residency program and institution to develop a plan to implement our internationally-recognized standards.
Are your programs eligible for accreditation?
To be eligible to apply for accreditation of your postgraduate residency training program(s), you must first fulfil three requirements:
- Program consultation visit
- Institutional review
- Educational partnership (e.g. Collaborative Services Agreement)
Apply for Royal College accreditation of your residency programs
Once you’ve fulfilled the three requirements above, your institution can apply for accreditation of its postgraduate residency training program(s).
Benefits of Royal College accreditation
- Improve the quality of your residency education.
- Improve patient outcomes through better communication, assessment and development of residents, faculty and programs.
- Demonstrate that your program has the highest educational standards.
- Gain access for graduates of your accredited programs to the Royal College’s certification examinations.
- Gain access to accreditation expertise and experience.
- Demonstrate that your program meets international accreditation standards.