For April 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021
Update (March 23, 2020)
The Royal College has extended its 2020-21 annual dues deadline from April 30 until August 31, 2020. The Royal College leadership team recognizes the personal and professional hardships, as well as financial stresses, that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on members’ work and livelihood.
|Fellows residing and practising in Canada||C$990|
|Fellows residing and practising outside of Canada||C$670|
(i.e., Active Fellows with at least 40 years of membership)
Note: Dues are automatically adjusted for Fellows who qualify for this category.
|Diplomates (Royal College certified)||C$250 (in addition to Fellowship dues)|
|Diplomates (not Royal College certified)||C$250 (in addition to MOC participant fees*)|
|Retired Fellows (click to see Royal College definition)||No dues|
|Resident Affiliates||No dues|
|*Family physicians who are not Royal College certified and provide proof of participation in CFPC’s MAINPRO+ program are exempted from this requirement.|
|Pay your annual dues online||Donate to the Educational Fund|
|Request a membership fee reduction (Fellows only)||Confirmation of retired status (Fellows only)|
|Read our annual dues FAQ||Download your digital ID card|
Easy payment options
- Pay online: Pay the full amount online using your credit card.
- Via online banking: This option is available through most major financial institutions. Log in to your financial institution’s website and add the Royal College to your list of payees. (Note: Your Royal College ID is your account number).
- By phone: Call and pay by credit card: 613-260-6192 or 1-800-668-3740 ext. 192.
- By mail: Make your cheque or money order payable to the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and mail it to:
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
774 Echo Drive
Ottawa ON K1S 5N8
Fee reduction categories (Fellows only)
Some Fellows may qualify for a fee reduction for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
|Projected net professional income between C$30,000 and C$110,000 (or equivalent in other currency)||C$495|
|Projected net professional income less than C$30,000 (or equivalent in other currency)||C$247|
|Anticipate a temporary leave for four months or longer for family or health reasons||C$495|
|Enrolled in full-time postgraduate studies in a Royal College accredited subspecialty program or a university- or hospital-based recognized subspecialty/fellowship training program of at least one year’s duration (not applicable to observerships or traineeships). This reduction is available up to a maximum of five years.||C$247|
To apply for a fee reduction, fill out the Request for fee reduction form online. Members must make the request and confirm their eligibility each year.
Note: Maintenance of Certification cycles may be adjusted based on the duration of family or health leaves. Please see the online Maintenance of Certification Cycle Adjustment form.
Late fee applies after September 30
Renewals are due August 31, 2020. The Royal College charges a late fee on overdue Fellowship and Diplomate renewals to cover the cost of administrating overdue accounts.
- A penalty of 1.25% per month is applied on the outstanding membership dues. (It is not applied on accumulated late fees.)
- Renewals are due August 31. Late payment fees will only take effect after September 30, 2020. The penalty starts to accrue October 1, but if you renew before account statements are issued in the last week of October, the penalty will not be charged.
- The penalty is applied only at the end of each month. If you pay your overdue account mid-month — for example, October 15 — you will not be charged a penalty for that month. Monthly statements and online dues payment balances clearly show the amount owing for dues and late fees.
- New Fellows joining the Royal College as of April 1, 2020 are exempt from late fees for the 2020-21 membership year.