Kristin Sivertz Resident Leadership Award
This award is given to a resident who has demonstrated leadership in Canadian specialty education and encourages the development of future leaders in medicine. Up to two awards will be presented annually. Award winners will receive a plaque recognizing their contribution as well as complimentary travel and registration to the International Conference on Residency Education.
To nominate a colleague, please visit the ICRE website.
The resident must be enrolled in a Royal College-accredited residency program.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership skills during their residency training.
- Contribution to the advancement of the profession of medicine, the welfare of residents or the quality of residency education.
- Evidence of strong role modelling and mentorship ability among peers.
- Embodies or integrates the CanMEDS Roles.
- Nominations are to be submitted by a resident or resident peer (current or recently graduated), along with a letter of support from a postgraduate dean, program director, department chair or division director (maximum of two letters). Only 1 nomination submission package per candidate so coordination may be required if multiple individuals want to nominate the same individual.
- Nominations may be in English or French.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Individuals may be re-nominated in subsequent years; however, previous winners of the award will not be eligible to win again.
Please submit your package as 1 PDF file in the following sequence order:
- 1 - Nomination letter from a resident or resident peer (current or recently graduated), addressing every element of the criteria identified above. The effort put into the nomination letter is critical so the more information you provide the better. Please provide 2-3 examples of success for each criteria section
- 1 - Support letter from a postgraduate dean, program director, department chair or division director
- 1 – Maximum of 3 page in length CV
Applications for this award are adjudicated by a subcommittee of the Awards Committee of the Royal College.
Shane Arsenault, MD, MPH (Memorial University)
David D’Arienzo, MD (University of Toronto)
Nada Gawad, MD, MAEd, FRCSC, University of Ottawa (Ottawa, Canada)
Malika Ladha, MD, FRCPC, University of Calgary (Calgary, Canada)
Click here to see a list of past ICRE award winners.