CBD transition workshops
What to expect at the Royal College CBD transition workshops
Throughout each of the CBD workshops, you will actively discuss strategies to prepare for implementation. If you’re invited, try to attend all three CBD workshops, as it will make it easier for you to understand, contribute to and implement these changes.
Each discipline will typically have three full three-day-workshops facilitated by a Royal College clinician educator.
- CBD Workshop 1 starts with an introduction to Competence by Design (CBD), and then focuses on reviewing or reimagining the scope of your discipline, determining how the stages of training apply to your discipline, as well as drafting entrustable professional activities (EPAs) for those stages. You may also start to consider the training experiences required to learn the skills needed to achieve those EPAs.
- CBD Workshop 2 focuses on achieving consensus on the EPAs based on the work completed both during and after CBD workshop 1, as well as developing assessment plans for the individual EPAs
Competence by Design Workshop Two: Starting on Implementation
- CBD Workshop 3 usually focuses on finalizing the EPAs and assessment plans, examining each individually and as a whole over the breadth of training, validating milestones linked to the EPAs and finalizing the full document suite.
Homework for workshops
- Before CBD Workshop 1: Participants will be asked to carefully consider the scope of their discipline (see specialty committee chapter two in the CBD Meantime Guide).
- After CBD Workshop 1: Members will usually work on EPAs in small groups through either teleconferences or electronic document sharing.
- After CBD Workshop 2: Members will work on finishing any EPA development work or assessment plans through either teleconferences or electronic document sharing.
- After CBD Workshop 3: Members will usually focus on finalizing the full document suite, editing the documents and EPA work and preparing for implementation which may include field tests and faculty development.